background

Monday, June 20, 2011

Wings for Fangs

I realize that the vampire craze is still going strong, and I realize that supernatural romances aimed at tweens and teens are a total cliche, but I have one for your consideration. So, if you loved Twilight, if you get giddy over that whole 'I will love you every day of eternity' thing (like I do), and if you would like to see it from a different angle than vampires and werewolves (because, let's face it, we've seen it just about every way it can be done.), then why not try fallen angels on for size. I give you the Fallen series by Lauren Kate.





I thought that after I read Twilight, no other books in the genre would ever be satisfying, and I'm not saying that these are quite that awesome, but they are the closest I've come. I wish I could give you a little summary of what these books are about, but if I tell you anything, I'll give the whole thing away, so you just have to trust me. The main characters are Daniel and Luce. I will tell you that Daniel is a fallen angel....and he loves Luce A LOT!! But you don't find out why or how much until the end of the first one. I just think Miss Kate put a very interesting twist in these books, and I think that if this is your cup of tea, you will really enjoy this series. So, read up!! 

PS. In case your imagination fails you, I suggest using this guy as your mental Daniel...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, people.