background

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ferdinand Tombe Amoureux

It's late. I'm bored. I'm kind of depressed. I'm wondering why it's so hard to get a job. I'm cleaning out the files on my old computer. I find this. I laugh.

Assignment for French class: Write and illustrate a children's book. This is what I came up with (at about 3am, if memory serves. That should explain it). Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you my first ever French children's book. I'll translate for you...

Ferdinand Falls in Love, by Kacey Henderson

There once was a skunk whose name was Ferdinand. Ferdinand lived in a forest in England. He was a happy skunk, but he was also lonely. No one liked him because he smelled bad.

One day, he went up to a house and he looked in the window. On the TV, there was a skunk, like Ferdinand, and he was very handsome. His name was Pepe Le Pew and he lived in Paris. Ferdinand though Pepe was affable and charming. And, he had a very pretty girlfriend, whose name was Penelope Pussycat.

Ferdinand fell in love with her instantly. He said, "I will go to Paris right now and find Penelope Pussycat!"

Ferdinand swam the English Channel and took the TGV to Paris.

He searched for Penelope everywhere in Paris. He went to the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and the Arc de Triomphe. He could not find her.

Sad and hopeless, Ferdinand went to a restaurant to drown his heart in wine. At the restaurant, he saw Pepe Le Pew! Ferdinand said, "Pepe! Where is Penelope Pussycat? I love her and I came to paris to find her!"

Pepe said, "It's a waste of time, my friend. She is inaccessible. She hates skunks."
"But, she is a skunk, is she not?" asked Ferdinand.

"Alas, no. I just discovered, she is in fact a black cat."

Ferdinand's heart was broken. He searched no more. He returned to England and lived the rest of his life all alone.

The End.

If I remember correctly, I believe I got full credit on this assignment, plus extra credit for creativity. Boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, people.