background

Monday, March 14, 2011

Princess? Yes please (pt.2)

I know it's been a while. I've been enjoying a fabulous weekend with my two best Lexington girls who decided to come pay me a visit. I've been playing tour guide, which is one of my favorite things, even when there is so little material as Dayton has to offer. But, let's get right back into the last 4 of our fabulous single princes!!!



5. Prince Nicholas, Romania - Oh boy. This guy looks like a 19 year old bassist for a punk band. And, all I know about Romania is that my church frequently sends mission teams there, so I'm not sure if it would be on my top places to live. Being titled "Royal Highness" certainly has its charms, but there's just something about this dude that I don't like. I might be discounting him already, but maybe I'm being too hasty...


6. Prince Felix, Luxembourg - Here's what I like about ole Felix. First of all, his name is Felix. Second, he just looks like a Prince, don't you think? I mean, look at that spiffy outfit he's wearing. It's regal, and I like it. Also, Luxembourg is supposed to be a charming little country, bordered by 3 even more charming countries that I could frequently visit (Belgium, France, and Germany), and Luxembourg has the highest GDP per capita on the planet (according to Jean-Guillaume Ditter at the Burgundy School of Business). Felix has got some heavy ammo in his can.


7. Prince Amedeo, Belguim - I love a man in uniform, especially when part of that uniform includes a crown. Sure, he looks like he might have some mild rosacea, and he's a little frowny, but all I know is that I stood in front of his palace a year and a half ago, and I said out loud that if there was a prince of proper age living there, I'd marry him on the spot. (See, I'm not lying) I could just see us now, sitting on the porch (palaces have porches, right?), swirling hot chocolate sticks in mugs of hot cream. It's magical.


8. King Jigme Khesar, Bhutan - I wasn't going to include this guy in my list. I typically don't go for Asians, and I'm not sure that they would welcome an American queen in Bhutan. But, there are three things that I changed my mind. 1.)Bhutan is the 8th happiest country in the world. 2.)He just looks so peaceful in this picture, probably an effect of #1. 3.)KING!!!! No princess nonsense here. I'd go straight to Queendom, and I am so cool with that.

Now, I know I originally said that there were 9 of these, but really there was only 8 and I miscounted, so the fun ends here. I've thought about it. A lot. I mean, this is a big decision in a girl's life. She's got to take her time and explore all the options. I've mulled it over, and I've reached a decision. And the winner is..................................(drumroll).......................................

PRINCE CARL PHILIP OF SWEDEN!!!!!!!! (from my pt.1)

He's hot. He lives in an awesome country. He's a prince. What more do I need to know? Nothing. I'm sold. Packing up and moving to Sweden. Buh-bye

2 comments:

  1. I'm coming to visit you in Sweden. You just let me know when you've settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so go for the Romanian prince. I love Romania.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice, people.