background

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Gee Whiz! Look At These Apples!

I had an incredible shopping discovery this evening. Two words: Earth Fare. To those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it's a grocery store similar to Whole Foods and Fresh Market, but in my opinion, this one takes the cake. With the exception of the meat/poultry/fish section, which lacks a bit of diversity and creativity, Earth Fare is my new go-to grocer for my gourmet cooking whims.

On that note, I am now fully stocked to create the next round of culinary adventures. On the menu, croque monsieur and honey lavender ice cream. A croque monsieur is essentially a fancy grilled ham and cheese sandwich, made with gruyere or emmental. I'm going to use gruyere (courtesy of Earth Fare), and I think I'm going to try making some Bechamel sauce to top mine with.



The lavender ice cream is self explanatory, I think. The lavender I purchased (also at EF) is so fresh that it comes in a little zip-lock baggy. Doesn't that sound so exciting?! I've never cooked with lavender before, so who knows.

I also found some rose water. If you'll remember, I made a post about using rose water as a facial toner. Well, my stash ran out about a month and a half ago, and I've been trying to find some to replace it ever since, but all that I was finding was online for over $20. Not cool. EF carries it for less than $10, and it is also culinary grade, so if I ever get a hankering to experiment in Indian-inspired sweets, I'll be covered.

After, the fun at Earth Fare, we figured, while we were at it, we might as well go to Fresh Market, where I found these...


Are these not the biggest apples you've ever seen?!?! I was astounded, and I just had to have some. They are called Gee Whiz apples, and I know why. That is the reaction when you see them in the produce section. I also picked up some delicious sushi for lunch tomorrow. Very productive stop.

Food shopping brings me so much joy. If you live near an Earth Fare (everyone in Chattanooga does, by the way), you really need to go. It is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, people.