background

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Updates

Time for some housekeeping-style blogging. My last post listed some of my missions for this month. Here's the update...

1. Once again, on the subject of job searching...I have a very promising prospect! Finally, this is one that I actually have some confidence in! It's a wonderful feeling. My resume was sent in on Thursday of last week, and I got a call on Friday. I hate giving details because I feel like it jinxes it, but I will say that I've been looking at living prospects in the Columbus, Ohio area. We shall see. Wish me luck!

2. I have completed the culinary adventures I mentioned last time. The croque monsieur was nothing short of amazing. It was ooey, gooey, cheesy, buttery perfection, and I fully expect to be making one again soon. Gruyere cheese is divine! Also, the lavender ice cream was one of the most interesting flavors I've ever encountered. Once I got over trying to decide what it tasted like (to no avail, it tastes like nothing else), I decided that I absolutely loved it. It was a big hit with mom and dad as well. New adventures I'm considering: chocolate croissants and Julia Child's French onion soup.

3. Haven't cracked open the French books yet, but I did listen to some great French music over the weekend!

4. Gym....well, I've done okay. I was a day short of my goal last week, but there's always this week to make up for it.

5. My Itunes is immaculate! All of my music is now on my Macbaby, organized exactly how I want it. It is heaven!

and on an unrelated note....

Some of you might remember a post from back in early February about my undying love for Bellarom chocolate (only in Europe). You should remember it, because it is far and away my most read blog post. Anyway, I have received a comment from someone in Finland who owns a food export company. After 2 years of searching, I now have a way to get my precious Bellarom chocolate!!! This is a monumental day in my history. I'm having all of my readers over for coffee and chocolate, as soon as I get a job with a steady income to where I can afford to make some frivolous purchases. Well, maybe not all of my readers. The ones from the Palestinian territories might have a hard time making it.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, people.