background

Monday, May 16, 2011

Hello, Is it me you're looking for?

I have been away for a week, and I apologize for that. It's been a bit of a hectic week, but nothing bad, so don't despair. Headliner for the day: You all might remember that I blogged a few weeks ago that I had a job interview for an unnamed company in Columbus. Well, I went for the interview, and it went well, but I've decided to turn it down. It was just too far away from home, and I didn't feel good about it at all when I left. I think I've finally realized that I have the right to choose family, something I always overlooked before. It's been liberating. Don't worry about me. I've got an interview in Atlanta on Wednesday and a promising prospect in the Chattanooga area, so it's all good.

Guess what! I bought a new purse! Coach, of course. I rarely buy anything else. They make them just the way I like them, simple and sturdy. The new one is a peachy/nudey tote. The color is excellent because it's very close to my skin tone (I'm extremely rosy). I'd put up a pic, but it's in the other room, and I don't want to go get it  =)

This past weekend was my very favorite weekend of the year. All you Daytonians know what I'm talking about. It was the STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL!! There is nothing better than small town festivals, and Dayton does it right with this one. We're talking a whole week of unbelievable hickish events, including a rodeo, a series of pageants, a carnival (which was half broken down this year...a nice touch), and a parade, complete with tractors, horses, bikers, and about a mile of Shriners in various vehicles. It's just a magical weekend. I think all of my readers who are not from the Tennessee Valley (yes, even the ones from Singapore), need to go ahead and mark the second week in May on your calendar next year. It's well worth the trip!!

That might be all for now. I'm feeling happy these days. I haven't listened to the "Worst Day Ever" playlist in at least a week, so life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, people.