background

Saturday, May 28, 2011

T-minus 6 days

Okay, I have officially leased an apartment in Atlanta. Well, actually, it is in Smyrna, GA, but I'm only about 15 minutes from downtown. Did you know that Julia Roberts is from Smyrna?? I am in exceptionally good company. I would post a link to the apartment's website, but I'm cautious enough not to put up my new address for all the world to see. I could pick up a stalker someday, you just never know.

I am just so super excited, you have no idea. After months of being stagnant, I'm finally on the move! Of course, I am a little sad to leave the comforts of home and hometown. There are definitely some people I'm going to miss, most of whom live under the same roof just a short 5 minute drive from my house =) You know who you are. But, I'm putting my big girl face on, and I'm going to do my best not to cry. The bottom line is that it is simply time to get out of dodge.

More things that make me sad....my sister came to visit this weekend, and she and her hubby have decided to adopt one of my Phoebe's puppies. They've chosen Darla, who just happens to be my favorite because she's the smallest and she has sad eyes. I know they will love her and take good care of her, but I've cared for these puppies since the womb, and it breaks my heart to separate the family.

Back to the apartment, it's only a one bed/one bath, but I have a breakfast nook that I'm going to use as a makeshift office space. I'm going to need a Tiffany floor lamp for that, note to self. Also, I have vaulted ceilings, which is just the icing on top of an already delicious cake.

Speaking of cake...I had a dessert to die for at The Back Porch in Destin. It was called, get this, Hello Sunshine Cake. Orange layer cake with white chocolate icing. It sounds so simple, but it was unbelievably delectable. I'm going to make it as soon as I get my new kitchen up and running.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, people.