background

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Jossy

Joss Stone is probably my absolute favorite musical artist, and I say artist because she really does look at the music biz and the act of singing and songwriting as an art. I find that incredibly refreshing. I discovered Joss just after starting high school, which maybe explains my love for her. She was my go-to music when I was experiencing the woes and throes of adolescence (not that I even had many of those, thank you friends and family for an awesome childhood.)

These days, listening to Joss's music is like getting a pep talk from an old chum. Unfortunately, I think I may be the only one that feels that way, at least not in this country (it was so nice to see posters of her in the Underground tunnels in London and know I wasn't alone!). Why do you people always hate on my girl?!?! She's got so much soul!!

She just recently released a new song, and I'm loving it. I need someone else to love it too so I can have someone to send excited texts to when she announces the release date of her next album. Listen, and love.




2 comments:

  1. Back in the day, I remember we were on my Pandora and you made a Joss Stone station. You got me hooked :)

    ReplyDelete

Be nice, people.