background

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Phoebe

I want to tell you about Phoebe. She is a stray dog that has found her way to my neighborhood and made her home on my front porch. This actually happens a lot. I think these dogs can feel the animal-friendly vibe emanating from our abode, and normally it bothers us, but not this time. Phoebe has completely captured my heart. This is Phoebe...


I caught her sunning on our welcome mat. Isn't she precious? And she has these bright yellow eyes that look like snake eyes.

Problem: Phoebe is very pregnant. It is for this reason that we have started feeding her. This is my logic: Think about pregnant women. They eat like crazy, always hungry. And they're just having one baby, whereas there's no telling how many old Phoebs is packing in there. Imagine how hungry she must be! So, we feed her, we give her lots of love, and we let her sleep on the love seat on the front porch. She never bothers anyone, not even Baxter (my Yorkie baby). Best dog ever? It's possible.

I'm sure we will have to find another home for her soon (there's no way I'm dropping her off in the middle of nowhere), and it's going to completely break my heart because I am in love with this dog. And it's so cold out tonight. She has to be just freezing, but daddy won't let me put her in the garage.

In slightly cheerier news, mommy found this for me yesterday...


...a heart-shaped leaf on a tree that doesn't bear heart-shaped leaves. It's one of a kind, and I've decided that since God made trees, this is a sign straight from upstairs that I need to stop being so down. I have an insane amount of amazing friends, both here and in Ky, and my parents love me so much that my mommy is giving me heart-shaped leaves and my daddy is letting me feed and love on stray dogs. When put into perspective, I find that life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, people.