background

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Looking Up

I'm in a good mood. It's been a charming weekend (I got to see my sweet baby sister and her hubby in Nashville), I'm feeling hopeful on the job hunt (don't ask me why, I won't tell you), and it feels like I've taken charge of my life in a few key areas for the for the first time in a while. It's a fabulous feeling! It makes me want to buy things...

What kinds of things, you ask?

1. Keyboard - During my sophomore year, one of my roommates (I'm looking at you Jesse Johnson) had a keyboard, and I taught myself to play. I wasn't fabulous, but I was using both hands and you could always tell what song I was playing. My best number was "My Heart Will Go On." When I moved out, I lost my keyboarding privileges, and I miss it terribly. I'm thinking this will probably be a birthday present to myself.

2. Bonnaroo tickets - Have you seen the lineup this year?? Eminem, Mumford and Sons, Lil Wayne, Robert Plant, and Florence + the Machine, just to name a few. It's going to be crazy awesome, and if anyone feels like giving me some free tickets, I will happily accept.

3. Sex and the City: the complete series - Bottom line: I feel smarter every time I watch this show. I realize that sounds counterintuitive, but there is some serious genius in the dialogue. Not to mention that it manages to be classy in its classlessness. That's hard to do.

Great news!! I just watched a really sappy movie ending, on Lifetime no less, and I didn't scoff!! I wouldn't say I'm cured, but something about my current medication regiment must be working!!

1 comment:

  1. I bought the complete SATC series last year, and I just loved it!

    I'd love to go to Bonnaroo, too. I wish I could get tickets.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice, people.