background

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wyoming

So, I'm watching that movie from a few years back "Did You Hear About the Morgans?" with SJP and Hugh Grant. I don't particularly care for this movie at all, but I think they are onto something with this whole 'simple-life-in-Wyoming' thing.

Everyone who knows me well would probably call me an aspiring city girl, and I guess that would be true enough. I ranted and raved for years about wanting to move to New York City, and I picked a major in college designed to get me there. After Europe, NYC kind of faded into Nashville or Atlanta, etc. Something big, but closer to home. Nowadays, even though I'll probably still end up in an urban area of some sort because of the job market, I've been thinking small town. The simple life. I find myself looking upon these little shopkeepers, farmer's wives, etc. with the teensiest bit of envy.

I have a friend whose ultimate dream is to own a ranch out in Boondocks, Wyoming (looking at you, Matt D.). Doesn't that just sound lovely? Wouldn't it be nice to wake up with the rooster, scramble up some eggs fresh from the coop (in my state of the art kitchen. That's one compromise I can't make), then spend the day tending your horses? That is so not me, as my closest friends would know, but heavens it sounds tempting right now!

I've just been living at home too long, I suppose. The small town fever is catching. But who knows, sometime in the far off future, this could be me....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, people.