background

Friday, February 4, 2011

Weekend Thoughts

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning to go to Campbellsville, KY to visit with the grandparents and the aunts, uncles, cousins, etc., many of which have had the stomach flu this week, so I'm praying that I'm in good health when I come back on Sunday because I need to be in ship-shape for the SUPER BOWL!!! I'm pledging my support to the Steelers this year (yes, I know I'm a terrible person for liking them because their star player is a rapist). I'm feeling some heavy opposition on this point. Even the anchors on the local news station have clearly stated that they are Packers fans. Whatever, you won't catch me in one of those goofy Cheesehead hats.

I spent my Friday with the girls, doing very girlish things, like getting manicures. I'm typically not a one to dish out money for someone to paint my nails, but my goodness, it was worth every penny! My hands are now fabulous!


Don't you agree?

Also, I know I said I wasn't going to acknowledge Valentine's Day this year, and as for the day itself, I'm not. However, I'm the biggest romantic sap you've ever seen, so I'm going to take advantage of this one time of year when you're allowed to be unforgivably mushy gushy, and I'm going to reread Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. This book is the single greatest romance novel in existence, and if that type of thing is up your alley, and you haven't read it yet, then shame on you.


Finally, I saw this commercial last night while I was watching American Idol, and it just completely cracked me up. You need to see it. I think it's always best to end the week with a laugh. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, people.